Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Regal service procedures

mn_1
09-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Drivers side sway bar broken right next to the link. How hard to R@R the sway bar? (Front) :lol2:

Tech II
09-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Not bad, think you have to drop the rear of the cradle a few inches for removal/installation....I would get new bushings too...

GTP Dad
09-15-2012, 09:11 AM
This is a common issue on these cars. The job isn't bad to do as Tech II indicated. I purchased urethane bushings from Jegs for my 97 Grand Prix rather than go with the stock rubber mounts. You can get a new one from GM Performance Parts that is stronger and gives better handling. I don't remember where the one came from when I had to replace it. It was a solid bar from either Andy's Autosport or ZZ Performance. We replaced it by removing both front tires and placing the car on jack stands so that the suspension would droop. Then we turned it upside down and ran it between the rails on the cradle. With a little manipulation we were able to get it in without loosening the engine cradle at all. Good Luck

gmtech1
09-15-2012, 11:39 AM
If you lower the back of the cradle, be careful not to go too far as you will seperate the steering intermediate shaft. To be safe, you may want to disconnect the shaft from the steering gear before lowering the cradle.

mn_1
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Got one off a 98 Century from the boneyard for $8. Bushings etc were like new. Not too bad once you move the tie rods out of the way.

Add your comment to this topic!