Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

coorect part for accumulator dryer for 01 Taurus

Tinovolpe
09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I have a bit of a mystery on my hands. I need to replace the accumulator/dryer assembly in my 01 taurus because I have a crack in the hose that goes from the dryer to the firewall. I look up the part at Fordparts.com, which is good because they have diagrams. Looks like the part number (Motorcraft # YF 2569) Picture looks right so I order it. I get the part and when I lay it over the egine compartment it looks different then what I have, especially where the bend at the firewall connects to the pipe going through the firewall. And it seems too long. Go back on line searching and seems I can get two pictures of two different looking parts which have the same part number. One picture has the low pressure port halfway along the hose assembly while the other has the port at the bend at the firewall. My question is is this part supposed to just drop in there and coonect up or do you have to to twist in into place. If this is the wrong part what is the right part? Anyone ever done this job before. I have a 3.0 SEL DOHC with a "S" vin code. The nice thing about Fordparts.com is you enter you VIN number to get the correct matches so I thought this was going to be an easy purchase and replacement. Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks

Tinovolpe
09-17-2012, 07:16 AM
I see I may have stumped everyone on this but I think I solved the riddle. I decided to do somemore poking around under the hood in and attempt to see if there was a part number on the current accumulator. I also was trying to see if there was a second connection point I missed that would explain why the new and old parts don't look the same. What I dicovered was I was under thae impression that the rubber hose extended to the firewall and then the metal piping turned up and over. Actually the rubber hose (the second on as there are two hoses on this overly engineered part) turns up at the firewall. So if you bend the rubber hose up then twist it the joint at the end will actually liine up with its mate at the entrance to the firewall. So it is the correct part after all. I was an hour away from sending the part back when I discovered this. Now I just need a free weekend to install it.:smokin:

shorod
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Ahh, good deal for you. Thanks for the follow-up and glad you got it figured out.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!