Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 k1500 engine problem

Robert69
09-10-2012, 06:13 AM
I have a 98 1500 4x4 with 5.7 the engine started acting like it was out of time.I replaced the gears and chain with no luck, replaced crank sensor still the same.when trying to start it , it starts to roll and then seams like the starter disengages the flywheel. When it does start it lags , misses and backfires. It is definetly flooding.I put it on my scan tool and a P1345 code is produced.(came sensor to crank sensor corralation ) What should I try next? I ordered a new distributer assembly but didn't install it yet.

MT-2500
09-10-2012, 07:59 AM
I have a 98 1500 4x4 with 5.7 the engine started acting like it was out of time.I replaced the gears and chain with no luck, replaced crank sensor still the same.when trying to start it , it starts to roll and then seams like the starter disengages the flywheel. When it does start it lags , misses and backfires. It is definetly flooding.I put it on my scan tool and a P1345 code is produced.(came sensor to crank sensor corralation ) What should I try next? I ordered a new distributer assembly but didn't install it yet.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=51302

Schurkey
09-11-2012, 08:03 AM
when trying to start it , it starts to roll and then seams like the starter disengages the flywheel.
Starter whines (sounds like a siren), engine doesn't crank?

Defective starter drive. Can be replaced separately, most folks replace the entire starter motor.

j cAT
09-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Starter whines (sounds like a siren), engine doesn't crank?

Defective starter drive. Can be replaced separately, most folks replace the entire starter motor.

sounds like an engine that is hydro locked. I would remove spark plugs and see how it cranks and what blows out the cylinders.water fuel etc.

Add your comment to this topic!