Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Info on 6 Speed Transmissions

Alphabravo
09-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Does anyone care to share any experience they may have had with the 6 Speed Transmissions? I'm looking into a 2008 CG SXT that has one and I've only had experience with the "good old" :sarcasmsign: 4-Speed units.

Any info good, bad, ugly would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Scotty89
10-12-2012, 09:33 PM
The wonderful 62TE transmission is hit and miss. I have seen a lot of issues around on my area with these. I've seen more noise issues than anything. I have seen some where when you shift from park to drive or reverse the shift will be hard and if you do it again it will shift fine. When they first came out Chrysler had a lot of issues with them in hilly terrain but they came out with an update and took care of it. These trans doesn't have a dipstick unlike the 4 speeds. The dealer has a special dipstick tool they use to check the fluid. Not very owner friendly, at least for those who check fluids. The extra two gears does seem to help with fuel economy. In the never years I haven't really seen any issues. I'd say they have worked the bugs out of them. As a mechanic that has worked on several of these i wouldn't own one. But then it depends on how the van is driven. I will say that overall other than all the recalls the 2008's had they weren't that bad of a van.

Add your comment to this topic!