Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya HG Wide Airbrush Help please..

stevenoble
09-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I need a little help. I took my Tamiya HG Wide airbrush apart for cleaning and I have two springs which I'm not sure where they go. They are numbers 8 and 15 in the exploded view I have posted below. One is shiny and silver/chrome coloured and the other one is smaller and brass/copper coloured. If some one has this airbrush would you be kind enough to have a look at the one that fits onto the rear of the needle (number 8 in the exploded view) and tell me which colour it is, silver or brass/copper coloured. Then I'll know where each spring fits. Many thanks in advance..

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/stevenoble/2012-09-09120945.jpg

DerXL
09-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi Steve

I don't have the same airbrush as you have. But I do have the HG-T from Tamiya (item no. 74510) which looks exactly the same.

Just took it apart to check the spring colours.
No. 15 in the exploded view is a brass coloured spring.
No. 8 is a silver coloured spring and the bigger (thicker windings) of the too.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

stevenoble
09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks for your reply my friend, that's a great help.

RonCla
09-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Steve

I don't have the same airbrush as you have. But I do have the HG-T from Tamiya (item no. 74510) which looks exactly the same.

Just took it apart to check the spring colours.
No. 15 in the exploded view is a brass coloured spring.
No. 8 is a silver coloured spring and the bigger (thicker windings) of the too.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

I can second that as I have a couple of the HG Wide versions.

stevenoble
09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks both of you. Well I'm still having a few issues. I've put it all back together now after a thorough clean and it's still not spraying as well as it should. I just don't seem to be getting enough throughput of paint and as a result it doesn't lay it on anywhere near as wet as it did. Gone through all the obvious checks like had I screwed the back limiter in to stop the trigger going fully back and such, but all is fine. Scratching my head a bit now I must admit. It's like it's lost power is the best way I can describe it..

RonCla
09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks both of you. Well I'm still having a few issues. I've put it all back together now after a thorough clean and it's still not spraying as well as it should. I just don't seem to be getting enough throughput of paint and as a result it doesn't lay it on anywhere near as wet as it did. Gone through all the obvious checks like had I screwed the back limiter in to stop the trigger going fully back and such, but all is fine. Scratching my head a bit now I must admit. It's like it's lost power is the best way I can describe it..

I would check that the needle (#11) is seated far forward as it will go before tightening the needle chuck screw (#10)

If the needle isn't as far forward as it will go, when you pull the trigger all the way back the needle wont be able to move as far back

Other than that I'd check it isn't a compressor pressure issue or your thorough cleaning has left some lint in there or a bit of crud has dislodged and is blocking the flow.

I like these airbrushes but they aren't the easiest to get inside the body to clean.

DerXL
09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I like these airbrushes but they aren't the easiest to get inside the body to clean.That's the exact reason why I prefer my H&S Evolution over the Tamiya airbrush.
As good as it may be, it's a dog to clean.:frown:

Concerning your problem Steven you might want to check whether you've assembled part 14 the right way round. That's where the air is coming in. So there might be a problem around that area.
You might also want to check that all the holes in part 16 are open and not clogged in any way.
Otherwise I don't have a clue, as there aren't that many parts to this airbrush...

stevenoble
09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
That's the exact reason why I prefer my H&S Evolution over the Tamiya airbrush.
As good as it may be, it's a dog to clean.:frown:

Concerning your problem Steven you might want to check whether you've assembled part 14 the right way round. That's where the air is coming in. So there might be a problem around that area.
You might also want to check that all the holes in part 16 are open and not clogged in any way.
Otherwise I don't have a clue, as there aren't that many parts to this airbrush...

Never thought about the air supply part and only that there may be some blockage in the airbrush itself. But makes perfect sense if the air delivery is not up to scratch it will affect the output. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it tomorrow. I agree it is a pain to clean..

Add your comment to this topic!