Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A question for AF Aussie members??

Davoaldo
06-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Just wondering if any of you have ordered from HLJ......
What is the customs and rates here for these kinda stuff??
Cause i'm really scared that if i get too much i might get huge custom taxed that i can't afford.....
I'm pretty sure there is a limit beofre they start taxing but i have no idea what that limit is......

afterburner
06-04-2003, 10:30 PM
I have ordered from both HLJ and Hobby Search before. Most times I have ordered 4-5 kits, wheels, accessories and not have to pay customs.

I think if you were receiving large parcels customs might involve themselves however as is my understanding, if the parcel is above a certain weight, HLJ splits it into smaller multiple parcels.

Hope this helps.

Nic

BOOSTD
06-05-2003, 02:10 AM
I placed a nice order from HLJ over a month ago and I havent seen one item from that order yet. Some of the items were put on back order but all the available items were shipped. I dont know why it is taking so long but just be prepared to wait for a while if you order from HLJ. Just to let you know I am in Perth.

stump
06-05-2003, 07:37 AM
Yeah,Davoaldo,I have recieved quite a few orders from hlj,so far the
was I think,4 kits,couple sets of wheels,P/E sets(harness'),no problem with customs. Even got 1 of Fuj.1/12 Skyline(huge box)they sent priority
mail(they handle more gentle),got it in like..4 days,,:cool:

Anyway ,keep it not too large an order,should have no prob

cheers stump:smoker2:

Davoaldo
06-05-2003, 08:47 AM
Wow coool thanks heaps hehehe now i can start ordering from them they are so much cheaper then gettign the stuff here. :silly2:

ozstrider
06-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Ive had no taxing or ordering problems with HLJ so far. The model i have on order was backordered for a bit, but its being sent now. No damage on the model. All came perfect.

Im in melbourne BTW....

cyclone1410
07-09-2003, 05:34 AM
I'm in Brisbane (Australia) and have ordered from HLJ many times over the last twelve months. I have ordered in total about twenty five kits and have never had a problem with customs or the tax office. They usually come in batches of two to five kits each time.

I will never buy from anywhere else.

spoolin12
07-09-2003, 06:11 AM
Im planing on ordering (im located in Sydney) I emailed them about shipping and its pretty cheap!

I will give you a yell when i order and tell you how it went :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!