Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear Engine mount help

overdoseland
08-22-2012, 01:21 AM
I need some advice on how I should go about tightening up the rear motor mount on my GF's 2001 Honda accord LX sedan. It's a 2.3L 4cyl auto. The transmission has been replace with a used one and whoever put it in didn't put the 2 bolts that go to the rear mount and they also put the wrong size through bolt on the front mount which I fixed 2 days ago.

I understand to get to the rear mount the Intake has to be removed but i manage to kind of get at it by just removing the air cleaner cover and air flow tube that goes to the intake. I can also get at it from underneath while the front end is jacked up. There's 2 brackets in the rear mount and the missing bolts connect the 2 brackets together. What I'm having trouble with is that the brackets have like a 1/2"-3/4" gap between them and they are very slightly misaligned. I don't think there should be a gap between the brackets. What's the best or easiest way I can get the bolts to screw in and will the gap close once I tighten the bolts to spec? I've attached some pics so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

I also have another question. What is the torque spec of the bolt that holds the metal bracket that goes underneath the intake? I have to take that off to get the bolt through the top hole of the mounting bracket from underneath the car. The pic I've attached with a red circle around the bolt is what I'm referring to.

Really need someone that has experience in this to give me some input. We've been driving the car like this for along time now and I really wanna get this fixed as it's not very safe. I had a friend at Honda tell me about the missing bolts years ago and they tried to put it in but said it didn't fit and he just gave me the bolts that they tried using. He told me that it's the wrong transmission in the car. I don't think it's the wrong transmission for the car cuz everything seems to line up and all the holes line up or somewhat does. Anyway, I really need some input. Thanks.

overdoseland
08-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Nobody has any advice???

somick
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I'll bump it one more time...

Add your comment to this topic!