Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

*HELP*!!!!!!! 95 plymouth voyager, no speedometer and will not shift.

VOYAGERx
08-21-2012, 01:29 PM
My boss bought me a van, so we could start a detailing business, anyways, we got the van for 350$. Not bad inside, and ran ok, boss didnt notice it wasnt shifting i guess. :rolleyes: So it went straight to the shop, got new brakes, rotors, belts, plugs, and oil change. Boss did transmission flush on it to see if it would help, he said it shifted into second for him, but when i was driving home. It would not shift outta first gear.Check engine light is on. It is an automatic. I dont know what to do now, CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME????? :mad:

RIP
08-22-2012, 02:12 AM
If this were a 96 and up I'd say this is a typical output speed sensor problem so I can't say for sure if this applies. I have a hunch it does. This sensor is the signal source for your speedo and plays it's part in shift scheduling. It's mounted on the front right side of the 4 speed 41te tranny. Could also be the TCM or wiring between. Your check engine light is telling you the engine computer has stored a fault code. Your van uses the older OBDI fault detect system. Some shops can still read your code for you or you may be able to use the key dance method. Cycle the key from off to run X3 leaving it at run (not start). Now count the flashes of the check engine light. All codes have two digits. Each digit is separated by a pause. Each two digit code is separated by a longer pause. You'll have at least two codes. The last should be 55. A code will narrow down the source of the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!