99 sunfire 2.2 Need to replace idler pulley

sunf1re11
08-21-2012, 01:01 AM
my 16 year old son and i were rolling down the highway this afternoon- he was testing out a newly minted driver's license- when i heard a brief noise under the car. just to be funny, i said "when you hear things like that you want to make sure that parts aren't falling off your car as you drive down the road". i guess the jokes on me because the IDLER PULLEY must have took a left turn when we were taking a right...or something like that.

the IDLER PULLEY needs to be replaced and i can't tell if there is some sort of bolt that holds it in place nor can i tell if it is something my son and i will be able to handle.
except for getting the tensioner bar to release tension so as to get the belt back in place, it looks do-able.

i need to be able to get to the doctor in a few days for a very important appt, so any help would really be appreciated.

gmtech1
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
There are two bolts that hold the Idler pully assy to the mount bracket. One toward the ft of the car, and one toward the rear. Pretty straight foreward after that!

Add your comment to this topic!