Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Mirage, no power to fuel pump

shark7000
08-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, I replaced all the exhaust valves, since they were all bent, the timing belt, gaskets, and the water pump. Now that everything is put back together, there is no power to the fuel pump. The pump works when I connect power to the connector under the rear seat. 1 of the 2 fuel pump relays clicks when you turn the key on. The one behind the glove box is the one that clicks. The one near the stereo is the one that does not. The relay works fine. I tested all the relays and the ground to the fuel pump works. The only wire that does nothing when testing for ground or power when the key is turned on is the small black/blue tracer wire that goes to the relay near the stereo. I need a wiring diagram to see where the wire goes after it goes into the connector behind the glove box. Has anyone ever run into this problem? Or does anyone have any idea what to check next. All fuses are good, so no blown fuse. Plus, there is no fuse listed for the fuel pump, that I can find. Alldata doesn't even have wiring diagrams for fuel pump relays.

shark2000
10-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Looks like no one on this forum does Mitsubishi Mirage's. Must find a Mitsubishi forum.
And for some reason I can't access the account above, and found that this once is still working, which I forgot the info on, so I ended up starting the new one above. But now this one works and not the other. lol

shark7000
10-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Ended up the battery would drop to 8 volts as soon as you put a draw on it. Then the other problem was the crank position sensor went bad at the same time.

shark7000
11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Even though the battery situation was taken care of, and I changed the crank position sensor, it still does not start. It acts like as if the timing was out. It has distributorless ignition so there is no reason why it should be backfiring out the intake. I can not figure out why it will not run. All the timing marks are perfectly lined up for the timing belt, crank and cam shaft gear. Even when I tried the the starting fluid, and it blew the metal honey comb shaped piece out of the intake. So, why would it backfire when I didn't remove the cam gear off the cam shaft when I replaced the exhaust valves. Everything should be working. Fuel relays all work, there is fuel pressure now, with good battery installed. If anyone can please helps me with this pain in the you know what, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Mark

shark2000
08-26-2013, 02:40 AM
BTW, I finally figured it out with a little help from a website I was looking for an answere on and it came up with a pop up to ask a pro or something like that. After much troubleshooting with his help, finally finding the pictures I took before I started and taking a picture and posting it for him to see, we figured it out. The spark plug wires coming off the two different coils were going to the wrong cylinders. So simple of a problem took to long to figure out. I really hate when that happens. lol

Add your comment to this topic!