Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

IPMS USA 2012 Orlando

tmathew1us
08-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Hello all,

The IPMS USA Nationals were held in Orlando, Florida recently. I took pictures of most of the car entries, please click below.

I hope you enjoy them...

http://public.fotki.com/tmathew1us/model-cars-1/ipms-usa-orlando-20/

(here's a link to a little non-automotive stuff as well :screwy:)
http://public.fotki.com/tmathew1us/ipms-non-cars/

flhansen
08-13-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi

Thanks for bringing us pictures from the premier IPMS event in US (I believe?) Would have loved to have been there.

A lot of good entries I must say - but also quite a lot of models where it took a wrong turn at the decal application? There is a Benetton that has a nice paintwork but some rather unexplained decals at the rear deck from Sanyo and Tommy Hilfiger or the Tyrrell six wheeler with a Polar Caravan decal on the Scheckter car and a Depailler(ish) helmet? Just follow the instructions guys ;-)

Flemming

lovegt40
08-13-2012, 01:24 PM
I dream to be there one day ..:)

racer93
08-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi

Thanks for bringing us pictures from the premier IPMS event in US (I believe?) Would have loved to have been there.

A lot of good entries I must say - but also quite a lot of models where it took a wrong turn at the decal application? There is a Benetton that has a nice paintwork but some rather unexplained decals at the rear deck from Sanyo and Tommy Hilfiger or the Tyrrell six wheeler with a Polar Caravan decal on the Scheckter car and a Depailler(ish) helmet? Just follow the instructions guys ;-)

Flemming
Hey Flem,

I had a good laugh at the Depailler helmet, too! My wife even had a chuckle at that one!

There were some decent entries (the MFH early F1 Ferrari and the Eagle are two good ones I remember) but a lot of them weren't stunning. Maybe it's the camera (*not* the camerawork!) that makes it easier to criticize.

I really wanted to be there but considering I was closing on my house and a new one on the Monday following it (13th), it probably wouldn't have been a good idea!

Daniel

MidMazar
08-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Nice show and thanks for sharing!!!

Add your comment to this topic!