Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

blower motor not running

dondeere
08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
2003 Buick LeSabre Limited
Problem was blower would only work if you give the under side of the dash a smack. With the help of posted threads on Automotive Forums I removed the under dash cover. Inspected the blower motor power plug, OK! Removed the three blower retainer screws and then the blower assembly. Removed the two screws on brush end of the motor. Cleaned out armature and brush dust with compressed air and then brake clean. Reassembled and installed. Now blower works great, smoother and faster. I am happy now and it was an easy job. Was less than a hour to complete.

brcidd
08-07-2012, 07:01 AM
It will soon fail again- been there done that-- plus the replacement blower motor for your 2003 will need the new blower motor mounting bracket to accept the new blower motor mounting design--see parts houses for notes on that one..

imidazol97
08-07-2012, 07:32 PM
plus the replacement blower motor for your 2003 will need the new blower motor mounting bracket to accept the new blower motor mounting design--see parts houses for notes on that one..

When I replaced my 2003 blower motor with Autozone motor, I did not need any adapter bracket.

Add your comment to this topic!