Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Montana - Airbag light on and no seat belt light

truc0011
08-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2003 Montana which has the airbag light illuminated. Also no matter if the seat belt is locked in or not - no seat belt light ever comes on.

I have tried new pretensioners (driver and pass side) with no luck, any other ideas. I have a code scanner but it doesn't scan airbag codes. Any common issues to look for?

Thanks.

gmtech1
08-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Without a code(s), you will just be guessing. There could be a internal problem with the SDM, a inflator module problem or a sensor problem. Really need to have the codes read.

It's also possible the the air bag issue has nothing to do with the seatbelt light.

truc0011
08-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Without a code(s), you will just be guessing. There could be a internal problem with the SDM, a inflator module problem or a sensor problem. Really need to have the codes read.

It's also possible the the air bag issue has nothing to do with the seatbelt light.

What scanners will read the airbag code (besides the Tech II)?

truc0011
05-27-2014, 11:21 AM
What scanners will read the airbag code (besides the Tech II)?

Scanner can't communicate with the srs computer. Tried a new computer still nothing....must be in the wiring? Any ideas?

Tech II
05-27-2014, 08:15 PM
By computer, did you mean SDM? Did you check the power, ground, and serial data lines?

Is the scanner you used, capable of communicating with the SRS system?

Add your comment to this topic!