Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How can I start printer with PC

johnwilliam
07-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Later I have purchased a new printer but I don't know how can I connect with PC .
Anyone know that please tell me .

ericn1300
08-10-2012, 07:28 PM
It really sucks that new printers don't come with a cable. You get home, all exited, rip through the packaging, get the thing setup using the quick start guide only to be stopped at step 7: plug in USB cable (not included). WTF a cable costs less than a Euro at the manufacturing level.

Note that I used the Euro Dollars instead of the Canadian Dollars VS. U.S. Dang it, the financial world is so upside down these days I might start quoting price in Aussie Dollars.

raquelha
08-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Doesn't your PC automatically find your printer when you plug it in? By presumably a USB cable? It should automatically download the driver but if you need the driver I have tons and tons I'm sorry I really mean TONS of drivers as well as sites I can refer you to if you haven't gotten it working yet.

Please also let me know what kind of computer and the software you're running. (as well as if it's 64bit) and the type of printer.

Also before anything if you don't already have it working by now, unplug the printer from the PC, uninstall the printer driver (try using Revo Uninstaller and you can try Pro they say for 30 days but I was able to use it for months!) otherwise just download their portable version as it's a great uninstaller for getting rid of all the excess files left behind when you uninstall any program.

And I recently saw someone on a regular PC site who was in a panic because he was uninstalling some program but it installed an .exe to uninstall it. Not to worry, that's what they do!

Then before you plug your printer back into the PC go to the manufacturers website of your printer and try downloading the software you need from there before you plug it into your PC again. They're all different. Some want you to plug into PC but leave off, most want the printer left on when you plug into your computer.

I hope some of this helps if you haven't already solved your problem!

raquelha
09-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Hmmm too bad you must obviously not be close (at least to me you're close to something I'm sure!) as I seem to have so bloody many cables plus if you just bought a new printer it likely uses (wireless?) a USB cable to connect to your PC. And yes I've got a ton of those as well. I have had many for so long I'm unsure from whence they came. Suspect someone threw out a printer long ago and I removed the ink cartridges and cables. Plus people throw them away so it's my job to find them!! But with a USB cable and the software your computer will have no trouble unless the software and printer aren't compatible with your PC. Best find out quickly so you can return it for the correct one if somehow it's not!!
Good luck....!!

Add your comment to this topic!