Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help Odyssey 2005 - car remote or car battery problem?

ijamjl
07-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry if it's a long post, but I'm just trying to be descriptive.

Three nights ago, the car's security alarm suddenly went off at about 2am. I got up to stop the alarm by pressing the unlock button on my car remote, and then the car alarm stopped. I assumed that maybe an animal or something hit it during the night, or possibly someone was being stupid. Regardless, the car doesn't have any sign of damage or of someone trying to get in.

When I tried to put the car alarm back on, the lock button would not work. I pressed it many times, and there was no change on the locks. The little red light on the car remote came on every time I pressed lock, but the car did not budge. I couldn't turn on the alarm, nor could I remotely lock it! I had to go outside, press the lock from inside the car, and then leave the car without its alarm on.

Suddenly yesterday, the lock button on my remote worked. I locked the car, put on the alarm, and then walked away. About 15 seconds later, the car alarm went off just like that other night, without anything being touched. I tried to not lock it via remote, so I pressed lock from within the car, and left it alone. About two minutes later, the car alarm went off again. I didn't even turn on the alarm this time.

I then noticed that when I would lock the car, there was a red-orange flashing light right by the thing that you press to reset the miles (I don't know what it's called). I don't know what that means.

Sorry, I know it's a long post, but could someone help? Is it the car's remote or is it the car battery that has an issue?

Add your comment to this topic!