EZ-Pass tags

sparky65
07-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone know if EZ-Pass discontinued the external tags? From the beginning I needed an external tag because the internal one would not read. Well about two months ago my external tag died so I called them up they had me mail it back and they would get me a replacement. About a month later I get an internal tag. I called them up and at first they told me my car doesn't need on, then they told me they dont give out external ones anymore. Well then I found they still had my car listed as needing an external tag. So I called again and they tried to tell me my car doesnt need one. I directed them to there own web site which showed my car needs one so they agread to send me one. Well guess what I got another internal tag.

The tags do appear to be different so maybe they are stronger? I dont know. Seems like I need to try it but the closest toll booth is on the Delaware river bridge into PA and they dont cross reference with the NJ database. So when it didn't work the first time it was a real hassle to get them to reverse the fine and then actually pay the toll.

Billm34135
08-07-2012, 05:41 PM
I have an two internal EZ-Pass tags (one for when I am towing my trailer and one with no trailer). Both tags have worked just fine for years mounted in the upper left corner of the windshield. If you put it in the center, the radio antenna embedded in the windshield interferes.

Anyone know if EZ-Pass discontinued the external tags? From the beginning I needed an external tag because the internal one would not read. Well about two months ago my external tag died so I called them up they had me mail it back and they would get me a replacement. About a month later I get an internal tag. I called them up and at first they told me my car doesn't need on, then they told me they dont give out external ones anymore. Well then I found they still had my car listed as needing an external tag. So I called again and they tried to tell me my car doesnt need one. I directed them to there own web site which showed my car needs one so they agread to send me one. Well guess what I got another internal tag.

The tags do appear to be different so maybe they are stronger? I dont know. Seems like I need to try it but the closest toll booth is on the Delaware river bridge into PA and they dont cross reference with the NJ database. So when it didn't work the first time it was a real hassle to get them to reverse the fine and then actually pay the toll.

sparky65
08-13-2012, 08:22 PM
I have an two internal EZ-Pass tags (one for when I am towing my trailer and one with no trailer). Both tags have worked just fine for years mounted in the upper left corner of the windshield. If you put it in the center, the radio antenna embedded in the windshield interferes.

Good to know, but it seems after the third try I was able to get an external one. The lady told me the other people had entered it incorrectly. I didn't even think to try a different placement as my GPS doesn't work in my van no matter where I put it. I thought it had something to do with a special coating that was on the glass.

pvisser
09-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Yes they still have the license plate mount style.

I just received two of them

Paul

Add your comment to this topic!