Page updated on 11-19-2017

Props to Tamiya USA

Hemi Killer
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I started the Ferrari 360. I assembled the engine block and transmission that consisted of 4 parts. I washed and set it out to dry. Somehow my puppy got a hold of it and chewed it up. I contacted them Friday evening. They got back to me yesterday and the parts were in my mailbox today. I even told them my dog ate it and I offered to pay for it and they refused payment.

MidMazar
07-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I started the Ferrari 360. I assembled the engine block and transmission that consisted of 4 parts. I washed and set it out to dry. Somehow my puppy got a hold of it and chewed it up. I contacted them Friday evening. They got back to me yesterday and the parts were in my mailbox today. I even told them my dog ate it and I offered to pay for it and they refused payment.

Can you share the the phone number you used? As i want to get a few parts for some of my older kits, but im afraid that they will be oop.

Hemi Killer
07-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I contacted them through their website here:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/index.php

John18d
07-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Hemi Killer - that's awesome that they stand behind their products and provide such customer support. I once bought a 1/12 scale Lotus kit back in the mid 80's and it didn't have instructions and they sent me the instruction book and a fresh set of decals for the kit. I never object to paying the high prices of a Tamiya kit since they raised prices a couple years ago because they provide such service - I have found the only USA modeling company that does this is "Model Expo" in Florida - they make wood ship and airplane models. - Thanks for sharing your experience - most people only post complaints - John

Hemi Killer
07-10-2012, 07:41 PM
I own an online retail business so I know how it is. We need all the good press we can get

nugundam93
07-12-2012, 10:50 AM
wow. props to tamiya usa for the free replacement part. :cool:

360spider
07-13-2012, 12:43 AM
That's how the service is supposed to be. How sad it is that we almost forgot about it and when something like this happens, we consider this not a norm, but a miracle. WTG Tamiya.

Add your comment to this topic!