Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What fits in my car?... I want most possible torque and hp available...

SpeeDFreaK54
06-04-2003, 10:36 AM
What fits in my car?... I want most possible torque and hp available...

Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie and have done some reading already, but this place is really the best place for answers I guess.

I just want to know what's the best swap into my car for the most torque and hp.

I have a '98 Acura 1.6EL SOHC VTEC (engine type: D16Z7).

I want to do a swap, and I'de rather play with this car b4 having to buy a new one.

Anyway, I was looking at all the Honda engines available... So far the H22A (Prelude) looks like a winner, but I really don't know if it will fit... also I wouldn't mind dropping a J30A1 (Accord v6)... Anyone know if either one will fit in my car?... If not, any suggestions as to which would be the best engine to create the most lower end torque?... hp is secondary to me... I want as much torque as I can get at a lower RPM.

Anyone?....

SpeeDFreaK54
06-04-2003, 10:44 AM
I think I answered my own question....

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t81328.html

but if anyone else can suggest me something, please. do, I'de like to read more...

jdmhondaonly
06-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Why throw the H22A when you can get even more torque from an H23A? I'm looking to throw one in my car also. Not for the torque though. I see it as a more horsepower potential engine. Read my post on the blue valve cover DOHC VTEC and you'll know more about the engine. Oh yeah '98 Acura?, you mean '88 right?

Add your comment to this topic!