Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 Honda Accord headlight removal

needhelpwithhondas
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Hey, I do not know how to remove the front right headlight on my 1991 Honda Accord. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

jeffcoslacker
07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Just changing the headlight bulb? Seem to remember it's tight, might have to remove some kind of duct I'm thinking...seems like there was something obstructing access to the backside...then jam yer hand down there, turn the big ring on the backside counterclockwise, and pull...then pull the socket and bulb out. There's a tab that holds the bulb in socket. Tricky part is putting the new one in without touching it or getting it dirty. If either happens, it'll last about a month if you're lucky. Make sure the old o-ring didn't stick to the headlight housing or you'll go nuts trying to get the ring back on. Push the bulb and socket into place, lock the ring back on. Sometimes it's easier to do it plugged in, sometimes it's easier to plug it in last. Depends what kinda access you got...

needhelpwithhondas
07-08-2012, 12:17 PM
I should have been more specific, I'm trying to remove the entire headlight assembly.

jeffcoslacker
07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Ah. You're on your own there...take a look at Majestic Honda's website...you can look up parts fiche for your car, then have a nice exploded diagram of the related parts that helps you see how they fit together.

That's where I go when I'm looking at something I can't quite figure how it comes apart...

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm

Addy for ya

needhelpwithhondas
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Thank you for your help sir, much appreciated.

Add your comment to this topic!