Page updated on 11-19-2017

HobbyLink Japan Private Warehouse.

RonCla
06-21-2012, 06:22 AM
As I'm a long term customer of HLJ and I know others here are too they have just contacted me about an open order I have to advise me they are changing the way they handle the shipping of our orders from the 28th June

This new system should address the issues most of us have had of a box rolling up with a single item in it and stock coming in and out of availability while were waiting for an order to be filled.

It will be interesting to see how it works out.

http://www.hlj.com/helpcenter/shipandprivate_2.html

blubaja
06-21-2012, 06:27 AM
That's great! I had just PAID for one order, and get an email saying a single tomica car was ready to be paid for too! This should work world better.

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-21-2012, 09:53 AM
It took them how many years to figure this out? All I can say is it is about time! Combine their less-than-accurate in-stock status with their stupid way of shipping, had me only buying something that I felt confident they had in-stock. Waiting and watching stuff you ordered come in stock then go...very frustrating. Glad to see they finally are getting their act together.

ModelerSite
06-21-2012, 10:56 PM
It took them how many years to figure this out? All I can say is it is about time! Combine their less-than-accurate in-stock status with their stupid way of shipping, had me only buying something that I felt confident they had in-stock. Waiting and watching stuff you ordered come in stock then go...very frustrating. Glad to see they finally are getting their act together.

I have been ordering from HLJ since 1996, much before they came our sponsors and what I can say is they are absolutely honest with the stock, very different to others well known seller. I bought out of my country since 30 years now and many times had to wait weeks just to get my money back to my credit card because the " stock" item, was not so, that shops still are online now.
HLJ never got money if they had a backorder and the status system is real time, what you see is what they have in the warehouse. What you see as "less-than-accurate in-stock status" is honest. Check the forums to hear people waiting and waiting orders that were "more-than-accurate in-stock status" from other sellers.

My 2cts... you know

star21
06-22-2012, 04:40 AM
I have been an off-and-on HLJ customer since the late '90s but it just makes me sick thinking about how much $$ I lost from HLJ shipping several items separate just because kits were released sometimes days apart from each other. About time HLJ. :jerking:

ModelerSite
06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I have been an off-and-on HLJ customer since the late '90s but it just makes me sick thinking about how much $$ I lost from HLJ shipping several items separate just because kits were released sometimes days apart from each other. About time HLJ. :jerking:

I agree that few times it happened the same to me, as well as several times I lost parcels in the post and HobbyLink Japan sent it again with no cost FOR FREE, as others about this, probably will have to wait ages to get answer if you get one. By the other hand you pay when they ship the parcel, if you make a second purchase 4days after the first, then you make two separate payments, you knew that. ANYWAY all that will be fixed now and the website of HLJ will allow several ways of payments and a full manage of your orders.

Veyron
08-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Used Private Warehouse for the first time, it worked great and far better than them dribbling out items as they came into stock.

tonioseven
08-24-2012, 03:15 AM
I'll need to see how it works then.

RonCla
08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
I've been using Private Warehouse a lot since the beginning of this month. It has been working a treat with a constant flow of emails from HLJ updating me on every aspect of my order.

I've put together 2 separate shipments for fear of customs duties as items in stock and backordered have been moved in to my Private Warehouse

Strada Sports could learn a lot about communication and retailing from HLJ

Big Kahuna
08-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Private warehouse is a great feature, as is their communications to the customer. I am happy to shop at HLJ.

Shopped direct at Siml R recently. Thumbs up too.

Add your comment to this topic!