Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

['99 Accord LX V6] Need MAP Sensor wiring Diagram

haoleflip
06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Hello! I was changing out my distributor yesterday and bumped my MAP sensor and broke the connector for the wires. This leaves me Green/Red, Yellow/Red, and Green/White wires. I have no idea where these go. The 3 prongs inside of the sensor read V, O, and G. I have a Chilton's manual, but all of the directions that include the MAP sensor, show it with the connector in the pictures and the wiring diagrams don't show it. I was just wondering if these colors are proprietary to certain cars or are they the same for all? I've tried googling for pics, but I guess I just can't find the correct key words.

jeffcoslacker
06-21-2012, 01:51 AM
I don't have anything of use specifically...but with a cheap DVOM or test light you should be able to figure which is grounded (G) first, then which shows voltage (V) with the key on, then you'll have what I suspect is output voltage (O) lead by default....and if the wires' memory shape seemed to agree, I'd be pretty confident it was right.

Outside of that, check autozone repair help, it might have wiring diagrams for that car....or ask AZ if they can print you one, or at least a PCM pin-out, that will have the wire colors and where they go for the engine control system...

jeffcoslacker
06-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Been looking a bit for some more....your (O) lead's range is only 0-5v depending on the air pressure present...so probably will only show 2-3v without engine running, key on, I'd guess, but that is an output voltage, so the sensor power would have to be hooked up to show a reading there...

Anyway, what I'm getting at is with key on, you are gonna see one lead with 5v voltage, that's gonna go to the (V)(sensor power supply) terminal, one that is grounded (run a test light between lead and POS+ battery power, if it lights, it's grounded), and then you'll have your output voltage lead (O) identified by elimination....

PS you are probably going to see a check engine light from this, because the PCM will see no reference volts from the MAP each time the key is turned on....it should clear after it's run and cycled on/off a few times with the wiring back intact....or it may just interpret the lack of volts as a full manifold pressure reading, in which case as long as the engine was not started, it would make no difference....but if started without a proper MAP signal it's gonna go bonko, obviously...

Add your comment to this topic!