Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help for daughter's 97

co5j
06-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi, was just hoping for a point in the right direction before I have to start trying to crawl around my daughters car, as I've just had knee surgery, so this is all very painful, in many ways, but necessary, in many ways. :-) She parked her car Friday morning to go out of town with her sister, no current problems, been starting and running fine lately. Came home today, car will not even try to start, no clicking, no engine sounds, nothing when you turn the key. Jumping/charging the battery had no effect whatsoever. Any educated guesses on a place to start with this totally out of the blue issue, before I tear the screws out of my new ACL messing around? Thanks!

co5j
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
This afternoon, tried jump start again, still nothing, all grounds and cables are clean and tight. Swapped out main relay, no change. Had battery load-tested at Interstate, all good. Re-installed battery, tapped on starter, absolutely nothing. When I turn key, all dash lights come on as normal and go out, when I turn key all the way to start you can hear the main relay click but thats the only sound, just completely dead and out of the blue, makes no sense. Any ideas?

jeffcoslacker
06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
You try starting it in neutral or moving the shifter around while holding it over to the start position? Make sure the parking brake is set when you do this...

Add your comment to this topic!