Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Whats the problem?

FishFind
06-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Ok today I took my 1998 chevy blazer 4dr 4wd in to get a alignment. The first shop took it and tried and then told me they can't do it because I need new upper control arm bushings.

The second place I took it to told me they can't do it because it needs
-new pitman arm
-new idler arm
-upper/lower ball joints.

Both shops told me they could do the alignment but it would be a waste of money.

So what is wrong here? Why two different opinions?

oldblu65
06-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Ok today I took my 1998 chevy blazer 4dr 4wd in to get a alignment. The first shop took it and tried and then told me they can't do it because I need new upper control arm bushings.

The second place I took it to told me they can't do it because it needs
-new pitman arm
-new idler arm
-upper/lower ball joints.

Both shops told me they could do the alignment but it would be a waste of money.

So what is wrong here? Why two different opinions?
The first answer might be they're both telling you the truth and your vehicle needs all the parts they mentioned ! Or they both might be just trying to run your costs up for a bigger profit to their business ? Since your Blazer is a '98 model and ( unless you know it's entire history ) may have been abused off road at some time in the past which would accelerate the wear & tear on the mentioned parts especially if all the parts are original to the truck . I'd suggest trying to get a personal recommendation from a close friend who have had good service from an alignment shop . Good luck !

Add your comment to this topic!