Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stick on in track design???

spike88
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Soon, I'll be ordering 2 x plastic rain guards for my SV6 van's front driver and passenger windows. While parked on extreme hot days, I plan to keep its front windows down 1" and rear push-out glass panels open. And with rain guards, I no longer have to worry about flash rain storms or other surprise rains. If wondering, I've used 3M Stick-On design in the past and IMO, they work great. Today, I see some makers now make an In-Track version. re: It simply fits into the window glass track and the glass pressure with inner 3M tape keeps them locked in place. In-Track design looks like good design too. Both versions are approx same purchase price…

From your view, which design is better? re: Traditional Stick-On or new In-Track design??

thanks.

Tech II
06-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Have used both.....only problem with the 3M is, sometimes a section comes loose......removing the old tape can be a chore.....

spike88
06-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Have used both.....only problem with the 3M is, sometimes a section comes loose......removing the old tape can be a chore.....

Thanks for your feedback. If wondering, I bought in-channel design (AVS company) yesterday. Hopefully, we'll have this special order item in 5 more days. Thanks for suggesting in-channel design - for my wife's van….

Add your comment to this topic!