Page updated on 08-15-2018

8th Gen Accord Questions

jaimysessanna
05-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Hello,

I'm looking into getting a 2008 or up Accord. I've been looking very thoroughly and have found a few LX/EX's with a 5 speed manual that I'm pretty interested in. I was curious if anyone has any experience with the 5 speed automatic transmissions in these Accords. I'd rather opt for the manual as I've had too many automatic transmissions fail that have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Wondering if the Honda auto's are decent.

Thanks.

kevinande
05-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Hello,

I'm looking into getting a 2008 or up Accord. I've been looking very thoroughly and have found a few LX/EX's with a 5 speed manual that I'm pretty interested in. I was curious if anyone has any experience with the 5 speed automatic transmissions in these Accords. I'd rather opt for the manual as I've had too many automatic transmissions fail that have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Wondering if the Honda auto's are decent.

Thanks.

The Auto transmission in the accord could be better, notably the V6 models. I chose the 4 cylinder because I think timing belts on an engine is just a stupid idea. I own an 07 with an auto, though I have never had any issues out 50k of ownership we just got a recall notice Saturday to replace a shaft bearing in the transmission. We own 2 manuals though and did not want another. If I was going to buy another I would say the manual would be the smarter choice. In all fairness I do not own the latest generation so I am not sure if they have been "fixed" in the current models. Good luck with your choice.

Add your comment to this topic!