Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HUD and temp controls not working

Hypster
05-16-2012, 06:52 PM
I am needing some direction. I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL. The HUD and temp controls both went out at the same time. I have checked all the fuses. The fuses check out fine. I was recently in an accident with this vehicle one month ago. The windshield was just replaces with the sungate glass. The previous windshield was not the correct windshield. Is there any way to remove the HUD and temp controls to see if the units themselves are bad? Is there any other advise? :)

Tech II
05-17-2012, 08:50 AM
So, the HUD does not illuminate on the W/S, and the HVAC control head does not illuminate? But your radio illuminates? Have you tried the dimmer control on your headlight switch? Do the HVAC controls work?

If the HVAC control head does not work at all, and the HUD does not work at all, and the fuses are all ok, then the vehicle will have to be scanned for communication and body codes....since you were in an accident, chances are there could be a harness problem....

Hypster
05-18-2012, 07:17 PM
So, the HUD does not illuminate on the W/S, and the HVAC control head does not illuminate? But your radio illuminates? Have you tried the dimmer control on your headlight switch? Do the HVAC controls work?

If the HVAC control head does not work at all, and the HUD does not work at all, and the fuses are all ok, then the vehicle will have to be scanned for communication and body codes....since you were in an accident, chances are there could be a harness problem....

Correct the HUD does not illuminate on the windshield and the HVAC does not illuminate. My radio illuminates and functions correctly as well as the buttons below the HVAC for the bun warmers (heated seats), park aid, and trunk release. I did try the dimmer controls for the HUD and headlights. I did find that the up and down buttons work for the HUD but still no illumination. The HVAC does not work and is stuck on AC since that is the last setting before it quit working. I will check for codes tomorrow or Monday. Thank you

Add your comment to this topic!