Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where can I get door handles for a 1/43 kit?

kitefighter
05-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Hello, I have an old resin kit that has been built but is missing chrome door handles. Any ideas where I might buy a pair of replacements, prefarably in white metal?

rallymaster
05-13-2012, 06:22 AM
I would say there isn't any specific aftermarket 1/43 doors handles...
But a few years ago I've been able to get some from Microsprint.it to fit porsche kit, don't really know their origin... (??)
it was a black plastic part to be painted.
I will check if I still have them.

kitefighter
05-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll try and look up the references you've mentioned.

rallymaster
05-13-2012, 03:31 PM
What I can add is that the origin of the parts must be Starter or MiniRacing as it was supplied to me by Maurizio Bossi (Microsprint) to fit a Starter Porsche kit.
I may not be able to say more about the exact brand just by seeing the parts, but I will check the kits and see which one has molded door handles, as I have both MR and Starter kit concerned.
Anyway and any brand it is from if you contact Microsprint he will know himself what can help you and where to find it.
His website may be off so you can contact him through his ebay account: " microsprint2009 "
good luck finding what you need. ;)

kitefighter
05-13-2012, 06:43 PM
What I can add is that the origin of the parts must be Starter or MiniRacing as it was supplied to me by Maurizio Bossi (Microsprint) to fit a Starter Porsche kit.
I may not be able to say more about the exact brand just by seeing the parts, but I will check the kits and see which one has molded door handles, as I have both MR and Starter kit concerned.
Anyway and any brand it is from if you contact Microsprint he will know himself what can help you and where to find it.
His website may be off so you can contact him through his ebay account: " microsprint2009 "
good luck finding what you need. ;)

Thank you again. I appreciate your help. Best wishes.

rallymaster
05-14-2012, 12:18 PM
You're welcome ! :)

roymattblack
05-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I just sent you a PM...
Let me have an address....
I've got a nice chromed metal pair you can have.
I think they came from a Porsche, or possibly an E-Type.
Roy.

kitefighter
05-14-2012, 05:51 PM
I just sent you a PM...
Roy.

Dear Roy,

Thank you so much for your kindness. I really appreciate your generosity. As a fellow modeller, I am in your debt.

Kind regards, H.

kitefighter
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I just sent you a PM...
Roy.

Thank you so much for the door handles, which arrived by post today. They're exactly what I was looking for. They will be attached to a Ferrari SuperAmerica in white.

You are a kind and generous modeller!

Add your comment to this topic!