Page updated on 11-19-2017

Looking for an alternative

69*Goat
05-12-2012, 07:44 AM
I just received the Tamiya Aston DBS kit. I do not like the wheels that come in the kit. I have rummaged through my spares, and cannot find any wheels that are big enough. Have any of you found an aftermarket wheel that works for the DBS kit.

If you have would you let me know what you used.

Thanks in advance.

Russell W.

iceracer1
05-12-2012, 07:50 AM
FG model and Hobby Design makes wheels for this kit. It doesn't come with tyres though. I'll use some Tamiya 350z wheels which are perfect for the Hobby Design wheels I have.

FG model:
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig18/10180876.jpg

Hobby Design:
http://www.car-model-kit.cz/watermarkimage.ashx?p=/car-model-kit/4-_KzO-2510__wqcvxo-wqcv__hd03-0064_1.jpg

Kris.

rallymaster
05-12-2012, 07:55 AM
There is two different sets at FG models.
I have the FG model wheel set from above and it's perfect !! Great resin casting and perfect look, I can only recommend them.
Ref is FG-004.

SmokeyR67
05-12-2012, 08:36 AM
There is two different sets at FG models.
I have the FG model wheel set from above and it's perfect !! Great resin casting and perfect look, I can only recommend them.
Ref is FG-004.

What tyres did you get to fit the wheels?

Thanks

Shane

rallymaster
05-12-2012, 02:19 PM
What tyres did you get to fit the wheels?

Thanks

Shane

I haven't tried any tires yet, but I suppose the stock tires should work as the FG rims are designed to replaced the original rims... :dunno:

ZoomZoomMX-5
05-12-2012, 03:21 PM
FG rims are far better than Hobby Design.

For reasons unknown to mankind, Hobby Design made their optional DBS wheels...with female attachments. Yes...the Tamiya wheels are male. Hobby design wheels are female.

What in the wide, wide world of sports am I missing here?

FG wheels are more $$ up front, but worth it. Designed for male or female fitment.

If you need tires, a good inexpensive alternative is Pegasus Michelin Pilots, they're identical to Tamiya 350Z tires and stretch nicely over larger rims. They look far more realistic than the clunky GTR tires that Tamiya includes w/the DBS.

Add your comment to this topic!