Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

check engine code P340

98 venture
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
I looked it up and its "No camshaft signal being received by the computer". Is this something I need to take to the shop or can I do it myself.

partyd
01-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Unplug the battery for 10 minutes to erase the code and the car will start
but once it warms up you are going to get the same code and the vehicle will turn off again

replace the CAMSHAFT sensor is near the oil filter under the engine
if you have a few extra dollars replace the Crankshaft sensor this is next to the battery, and both use the same reference voltage wire, so it will be a good idea to replace both, also stay away from auto parts. this parts need to come from the dealer only

Searles Lewis
02-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Unplug the battery for 10 minutes to erase the code and the car will start
but once it warms up you are going to get the same code and the vehicle will turn off again

replace the CAMSHAFT sensor is near the oil filter under the engine
if you have a few extra dollars replace the Crankshaft sensor this is next to the battery, and both use the same reference voltage wire, so it will be a good idea to replace both, also stay away from auto parts. this parts need to come from the dealer only

I have the same response, replaced the cam and crankshaft sensors, not sure which wire you are speaking of. It will not go all the way over, any ideas?

partyd
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
there are 3 cables in the plug, ground 12 volts reference 5 volts to activate the sensor and the signal that comes out of the sensor.

make sure you have 12 volts ground and 5 volts positive in both sensors, they share the same ground and power signal that comes fromt he computer

Add your comment to this topic!