chrome window trimming

05-04-2012, 05:53 PM
hey everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some good tips on what to use for window trimming.

i hear that people use bmf, but i don't know what that is or where to buy that haha

i was also looking at getting a chrome enamel paint pen from Krylon Short Cuts.

Feedback is appreciated thanks.

05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Here's a great tutorial on how to apply BMF(Bare Metal Foil).

It takes practice and patience to use it but it is by far the best way to achieve chrome look around windows.

Most decent hobby shops carry it, or you can find it online.

05-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Perfect thanks!

05-05-2012, 07:15 AM
There must be some chrome paint if you don't want to use BMF.
I saw some in a modeling color range, can't remember which one, perhaps revell...?
It's small metallic pots that's all I'm sure so it might be revell.

05-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks a lot

07-07-2012, 06:18 PM
try this: (
i got it from carbon covers on ebay. here is a link to th posting:
it worked pretty good and looks great. easily installed in 5 minutes. Just make sure you wipe down the surface with a good cleaner first.

07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
alclad carries good metallic paints, one of them is chrome.

Add your comment to this topic!