Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The latest from Panoz insider

roadster1
05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Panoz is about to order new GTS ABS body panels, someone commented about cost, seen the price of petroleum products lately ? May be a good idea to check with them and see what they have in stock and what they are about to order. You never know they may even get enough interest to place a larger order and thus help keep the price down !!! Also new super high quality mold for nose has been made for producing lower cost high grade GRP part.

ASPMANN
05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
I spoke with Josh and Brandon for a month. They advised me that they were not ordering any new ABS parts that they cost too much to stock.
I made several calls to Dan with no return call. I am copying the parts in glass with minor changes.

eric1h
05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
I spoke with Josh and Brandon for a month. They advised me that they were not ordering any new ABS parts that they cost too much to stock.
I made several calls to Dan with no return call. I am copying the parts in glass with minor changes.

Are you mass producing these or are they a 1 off?

ASPMANN
05-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I'll let you know how it goes with all the body changes.

roadster1
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Just got a new Panoz nose from the factory for gts/gtra car it's the new FRP not plastic. weight the same but super fit and finish with surface primer ready to paint. Fits like a dream and at $500.00 it may be a better option than the plastic.It is obviously a new mold/tool glad the factory listened to everyones concerns over the availability issues.

PanozDuke
06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Just got a new Panoz nose from the factory for gts/gtra car it's the new FRP not plastic. weight the same but super fit and finish with surface primer ready to paint. Fits like a dream and at $500.00 it may be a better option than the plastic.It is obviously a new mold/tool glad the factory listened to everyones concerns over the availability issues.

What is GRP (earlier post) and FRP?

Mike

roadster1
06-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Mike,
sorry about that its my European coming out GRP is"glass reinforced plastic" I.E. conventional fiberglass, FRP is "Fiber reinforced plastic" lighter weight,better finish, more precision shapes and combined with other composites. It is not any stronger though.

Add your comment to this topic!