Heatre core valve?

goser
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Is there a valve that controls flow of coolant through the heater core? I've noticed my coolant leak has stopped since the weather warmed up, and was wondering if there was a physical valve that might have shut off flow to a leaky heater core, or if the warmer weather has just sealed a hole elsewhere.

FishFind
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
No no valve. I am guessing that either your coolant is to low and you now have air in your heater core or some dirt has clogged the heater core and not allowing coolant to flow through it. I would replace it or bypass it.

NHRA
04-28-2012, 08:03 PM
more like thermostat

great1putt
04-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Actually, Blazers have a heater core problem in design. They are installed in the dash laying down flat instead of standing up. They clog very easily. There is a Youtube video that shows how to flush your unit with a simply made 3/4" garden hose and a 1/2" garden hose. I made one in about 5 minutes. You simply plug up the garden hose to one pipe located on the fire wall under hood and hook up the other garden hose to the other pipe (one pipe is a 3/4 and the other is a 1/2"). Turn on the water all the way and let run until clear water is going out the outflow hose. Turn off water and a vacuum forms that forces more stuff out. Turn you water on again for a couple minutes, turn off again to force again. Then do a third time. Takes about 5 - 10 minutes and saves going to the garage where they will tell you that you need a coolant system flush that is way overpriced. Haven't had to go to the garage for this problem in about 4 years now and only do once a year. Hope this helps.:iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!