Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Lincoln Ls tune-up?

2000LSV6
04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Hey guys i just signed up here and this is my first post. Okay so when I start my car in the morning, it idles pretty rough and shakes alot. After about 10 mins of letting it warm up it seems to be idleing fine. The car still has a little shake to it too, but not as bad as when it's warming up. Also when i'm driving the car seems to "hesitate" but when i give it more gas it goes away. The check engine light came up and i got the codes read, there were like 2 misfire codes and a too lean code as well. So i'm thinking i abviously need to replace the 2 coils at least. I'm going to get the codes read again when I buy the parts tonight. I was just wondering what kind of work is involved in removing the intake manifold, and the parts i'm going to need. Also i have read that removing the manfold is kind of a pain, so is there some "easy" parts that i should replace while the manifold is off? And what else i should inspect while the manifold is off too? Thank you guys in advance! I have a 2000 LS v6 3.0 with about 85,000k on it.

joegr
04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
This is the thread that you need to read.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=572085

2000LSV6
04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
thanks

Add your comment to this topic!