Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

anti never seize thread sealant thread locker gaskets

IamMeYouAreYou
04-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Here's my dilemma. I got the 5.8 351 Windsor from my 1996 f250 torn down. Had to do it because of just how rusty everything was but it was a tight motor. Now its been completely media blasted and painted and im ready to re-gasket and reassemble the entire block. Ive got several questions. Ill be using never seize on most of the random bolts and what not but but will it work for sensors and fittings like coolant temp, oil pressure sensor and so on (will it seal of should i use a loc-tite thread sealer and if so what color/kind should i use) and also what gaskets require that gasket maker sealant and if so what kind (one peice rubber oil pan gasket). Will regular petroleum jelly work for the fuel injector o-rings. Any advice would be much appreciated . thanks

gmtech1
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
The sensors should have a thread sealer on them, either teflon tape or a liquid pipe sealer with teflon. Most of the gaskets do not reqiure additional sealant on them, except in the corcers of the intake and oil pan, where the seams of the timing cover meet the block, and where the rear main cap meets it, just in the corners. You can use a wet silicone spray or some silicone grease for the injector "o" rings.

Add your comment to this topic!