Location of year 2000 TC air suspension compressor?

Recoil spring
04-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I have a mystery of an air compressor for the air ride system location with my 2000 Lincoln Town Car. Everything I have read online with the older Lincolns (up to 1998) say it is located on the driver's side fender forward of the left wheel, under the air filter, etc. There is a great You Tube film of a guy with a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis replacing this as well.

Did a check of my car last night and could not see a unit under the left air filter on my car, I did not take anything apart though, but there is a size able metal shield with some stuff behind it bolted under the trunk body in the rear of the car, I see 2 rubber hoses going up into the car's suspension, and some wires. On my 1997 Oldsmobile LSS that is about where the air pump was located, and it makes sense to put it there as Ford Motor Company would not need so much rubber hoses to go the length of the car. Is the rear bottom of the big Fords the location of the air pump after say year 1999?

Thanks.

All2kool
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
I have a mystery of an air compressor for the air ride system location with my 2000 Lincoln Town Car. Everything I have read online with the older Lincolns (up to 1998) say it is located on the driver's side fender forward of the left wheel, under the air filter, etc. There is a great You Tube film of a guy with a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis replacing this as well.

Did a check of my car last night and could not see a unit under the left air filter on my car, I did not take anything apart though, but there is a size able metal shield with some stuff behind it bolted under the trunk body in the rear of the car, I see 2 rubber hoses going up into the car's suspension, and some wires. On my 1997 Oldsmobile LSS that is about where the air pump was located, and it makes sense to put it there as Ford Motor Company would not need so much rubber hoses to go the length of the car. Is the rear bottom of the big Fords the location of the air pump after say year 1999?

Thanks.

It's under the Air Box. You must remove the Air Box to access it, three bolts hold it in place, two of which are accessed from inside the Fender well.

rprough
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Yep, definitely under the air box.

Add your comment to this topic!