Page updated on 11-21-2017

Warning About Horrible Ebay Seller

racer93
04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
rcsarahdc2009. Baits and switches on shipping costs. Beware.

drunken monkey
04-17-2012, 11:16 AM
goes to show, you don't always get lucky with bad sellers (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=966756&highlight=ebay).

racer93
04-17-2012, 12:35 PM
I know. I hadn't had a problem before (several transactions) but he just turned around and bit me in the rump. Lesson learned.

CrateCruncher
04-20-2012, 02:02 PM
I was considering buying some RC166 detail parts from the seller you mentioned because he has the lowest price. What exactly did he do that made you feel he was unfair? Did you give him a chance to work it out between you?

racer93
04-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Read the thread that DrunkenMonkey referenced. It will tell you *all* you need to know.

He does have the lowest prices but there is always a price to pay for being that cheap. It just takes time for it to catch up with you sometimes...like it did me.

jano11
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
goes to show, you don't always get lucky with bad sellers (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=966756&highlight=ebay).

Funny isn't it?!
Racer93 is a bit of a hypocrite on this one.
Not to mention that he/she started the same thread over at f1m and when the expected support didn't show up, started one here.

jano11
04-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I was considering buying some RC166 detail parts from the seller you mentioned because he has the lowest price. What exactly did he do that made you feel he was unfair? Did you give him a chance to work it out between you?

The seller asks for a few more bucks for registered shipping as the listed price is for flat shipping. As soon as you mention that you don't want the registered shipping the seller will remove the additional few bucks and all is fine. I did deal with this seller myself some time ago and this is how it was.

racer93
04-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Funny isn't it?!
Racer93 is a bit of a hypocrite on this one.
Not to mention that he/she started the same thread over at f1m and when the expected support didn't show up, started one here.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. I wasn't looking for "support" as you suppose but I was trying to warn people about this seller. At the time of the the previous posting, I had good experiences with them, as I stated. I was warned and I didn't listen as I admitted. Hypocrite? I'd like for you to explain that one. I was simply wrong about the seller. I should have not bought from him but I didn't. I'm human. Shocking! :uhoh:

I started both threads because (it may be a shock to you) there are people HERE that don't read F1M. That took some serious brain power to figure that one out. If you need verification, look at the original posting times.

Your statement of "As soon as you mention that you don't want the registered shipping the seller will remove the additional few bucks and all is fine." Is *COMPLETELY* wrong. As mentioned before, I had made several transactions with him and he claimed he didn't have any info. I proceeded to give him the info and he denied it.

You can go and deal with him--that's fine. Just be forewarned of what happened to me and many other people on here will eventually happen to you.

360spider
04-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Here we go again.

CrateCruncher
04-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Ok, I remember this guy when he was Bboykorea. I dealt with him one time and decided the few $ savings weren't worth the effort. Thanks for the heads up.

racer93
04-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Ok, I remember this guy when he was Bboykorea. I dealt with him one time and decided the few $ savings weren't worth the effort. Thanks for the heads up.
You're welcome. :wink:

Archetype123
04-21-2012, 11:07 PM
I've ordered about 15 kits from them over the last 2 years. Never had a single problem. Kits always arrived in 2-3 weeks, packed great, and less than 10 bucks for shipping.

I have a bid placed right now on a Pennzoil Nismo GT-R.

John18d
04-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Not sure what was the problem with your order Daniel - I've bought many items 30+ from this seller and the "bobbyboykorea" name before that - never had an issue - while they sometimes send an invoice with added "tracking" I have always emailed "Sarah" direct and asked for shipping without tracking - Items always arrived 10-15 days - in good condition. Seller has always been fair with me. Hey Daniel did you ever get your MotoGP archive 2006 book?? I checked with Mac at Mac's Modeling and he said you never ordered one from him - cannot beat the price - $34.00 is cheap for the book when you consider what people want on eBay and the fact that it's no longer available - if you didn't get the book and you still want one - get in touch with Mac before the books are sold - you won't be sorry - books are great reference - John

racer93
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Not sure what was the problem with your order Daniel - I've bought many items 30+ from this seller and the "bobbyboykorea" name before that - never had an issue - while they sometimes send an invoice with added "tracking" I have always emailed "Sarah" direct and asked for shipping without tracking - Items always arrived 10-15 days - in good condition. Seller has always been fair with me. Hey Daniel did you ever get your MotoGP archive 2006 book?? I checked with Mac at Mac's Modeling and he said you never ordered one from him - cannot beat the price - $34.00 is cheap for the book when you consider what people want on eBay and the fact that it's no longer available - if you didn't get the book and you still want one - get in touch with Mac before the books are sold - you won't be sorry - books are great reference - John

Actually, some guys from here and f1m scanned the parts of those books, so it saved me that much $$$, for which I'm grateful.

I'm glad you haven't seen the same problems. Just be warned that it has happened to me and lots of others...that's what I'm trying to say...

Add your comment to this topic!