Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rainy Day Problem-93 Mercury Villager

Edward L
04-14-2012, 12:11 PM
On rainy days, my Villagers begins to miss, as though it is starved for fuel, or maybe air. Anybody have any ideas?

tempfixit
04-14-2012, 01:20 PM
On rainy days, my Villagers begins to miss, as though it is starved for fuel, or maybe air. Anybody have any ideas?

Clean your Mass air flow sensor, take a wxter bottle and spray a mist on the spark plug wires and see if that creates a miss.

When was the last tune up??? cap, rotor, plugs and wires.

Edward L
04-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Clean your Mass air flow sensor, take a wxter bottle and spray a mist on the spark plug wires and see if that creates a miss.

When was the last tune up??? cap, rotor, plugs and wires.

Hi, I have replaced the Mass Airflow sensor, plugs and wires. I have not done the distributor cap, or rotor. I will try this next.

Thanks for the reply.
Edward L

tempfixit
04-14-2012, 02:25 PM
You may want to also check the wires to the injectors to make sure they are tight and possibly add some di-electrical grease to them to see if that helps.

Does the gas mileage seem to change when raining.

When you replaced plug wires did you apply di-elctricall grease to both ends of wires to prevent moisture from causing problems??

Try the water spraying trick to help diagnose.

Animal48197
04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I have a '97 and a '95 villager and both are very fussy about the distributor cap. Once the cap was replaced the wet day missing stopped. After close examination in sunlight I found a tiny carbon trail inside the cap causing the missfire.

Edward L
04-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey Thanks. This is something I'll try shortly.

Add your comment to this topic!