Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Bonnevile SSEI

leduc14
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Hello
I have a 2000 ssei Bonneville. The issue that I’m having is my car hesitates when I accelerate. It feels choppy. I have replaced all coils and plug wires. I have also replaced the mass air flow sensor. I was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction so that I could fix this issue. Thanks

Tech II
04-14-2012, 07:25 AM
"Choppy"? Not sure of that description......could be a slipping tranny, a misfire, cv joints, etc.

Let's say you are cruising at 50mph on a highway, and are going up a slight grade.....if you LIGHTLY accelerate, do you feel a misfire?

Does your CE light flash? Have you checked for engine and transmission codes? Have you checked coil output? Checked condition and level of transmission fluid? Replaced plug wires and coils, did you replace plugs too? Use OEM?

leduc14
04-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello again.
Thanks for your reply. Yes sometimes I feel a misfire when I accelerate. In the past I received an engine codes which was a cylinder 1 misfire. I replaced a coil and it went away. Now over 1 year later I have similar issues. I have no engine or transmission codes. So that is the reason why I purchased new coils, plug wires and fuel filter. I also just replaced the tranny fluid and filter. I guess I haven’t changed the plugs yet. After I change the plugs and if it doesn’t go away what else could it be? Are there any sensors that could need replaced?

Tech II
04-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Let's try the plugs first(use A-C/Delco), and make sure the wires are going to the correct cylinders....

leduc14
04-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello again.
Just changed the plugs. Used AC delco. Car still has issues when i accelerate. Some days better than others. Somedays i don't feel it at all. Was wondering what else it could be?

Tech II
04-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Any corrosion at the coil terminals? Check coil output with a spark tester?

leduc14
04-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't notice any corrosion. It all looks good.

Add your comment to this topic!