Page updated on 11-18-2017

Zero Paints 2K clear question

eyckles
04-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi guys,

I have a question. i've been using 2k clear from Zero Paints for a while now, but i saw in there clear range that they only have gloss or matt 2k clear. Is it possible to mix the flat clear with the gloss clear to become semi gloss clear. If yes, what is the ratio gloss/flat? Also the hardener and thinner that comes with both pack. Are they the same? Any input is very welcome.

Best regards,
Lesley

stevenoble
04-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi guys,

I have a question. i've been using 2k clear from Zero Paints for a while now, but i saw in there clear range that they only have gloss or matt 2k clear. Is it possible to mix the flat clear with the gloss clear to become semi gloss clear. If yes, what is the ratio gloss/flat? Also the hardener and thinner that comes with both pack. Are they the same? Any input is very welcome.

Best regards,
Lesley

I already answered this for Lesley via email, but if anyone else has the same question you can mix 2 parts matt 2K to 1 part gloss 2k (2:1) to give a convincing satin 2k. I have a few models in my stash that require this finish as well and it's also great over carbon decals to give a convincing sheen if you don't favour the 'high gloss' look...

John18d
04-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Absolutely correct Steve - I have done the same - works very well - john

Add your comment to this topic!