Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 headgasket job done...now problem!!!HELP

van kleef
04-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Last week I have replaced my headgasget's and all gaskets you can think off with Felpro ones.

Now I have a problem..

At first
-during the replacement I cleaned everything and used all the torque specifications needed for the differend parts....so the job went great...I'm sure off that.

When the job was done I started the engine...first time a direct start and the engine run smooth!!!!

After the warm up the problem came....

Facts:

When the engine is at operate temperature the idling RPM's are bouncing from 700 and 1100 RPM (the engine has an gremlin in it who is operating the gas pedal...............)
After a while the engine stops running....it just shuts off. Everytime when I start it after the stop/stall it start perfect!
I haven driven for 10 minutes and when I loosen the gaspedal for example an traffic light it dies/stalls.....

What I have done now to locate the problem:

-Spray averything while running with brakecleaner to locate an vacuum leak, no difference.
-Put off some sensors to check if there is a difference in idling (no change)
-the temperature sensor gives a little change even as the MAF sensor
- Put off the battery to reset the computer

Also I wanna say that before the big job there was no problem like this...!!!!
-the spark cables are new
-new sparks
-new thermostat

Can you give me a tip???? I'm a little tired from this car.........

greets from amsterdam, Holland

Jorg

FishFind
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Make sure you plugged the MAF mass air flow, IAC idle air control, and TPS throttle position sensor. all back in. Also that you connected any ground wires back to the firewall.

sverker
04-13-2012, 03:10 AM
When I had somewhat similar problems I suspected the EGR valve. A bottle of STP system cleaner (or whatever the name was) in the gasoline, then a long drive in one run solved that problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

van kleef
04-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Make sure you plugged the MAF mass air flow, IAC idle air control, and TPS throttle position sensor. all back in. Also that you connected any ground wires back to the firewall.

Hi there,

Problem solved!!!

IAC was dirty.Forgotten to clean during the big job.....runs great now!!!!

Bey

FishFind
04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Good to hear

GuttaFixIt
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Glad you got it done and running great!! GREAT JOB!! Mine still runs perfect.
Dan

danielsatur
06-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Good Job, try a smoke test instead of brake cleaner for checking vacuum leaks, most cleaners are too harsh for new vacuum hoses and gaskets.

Add your comment to this topic!