Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

compatibles with 1993 Lesabre

Amopower
04-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I might be looking for another Lesabre body if I cannot get my undercarriage rust issues fixed. Everything else on my car is great, so I'd probably swap just about everything from mine to the donor shell. My question is, what year(s) should I limit my search to? I would prefer not going so deep with the swap that I also need to swap out the computer. Does anyone know which car years/models I would be limited to? I am pretty sure I am limited to a 1992-1993, but not totally sure about 1992. (also - this is a Limited, and I am not sure if the computers are even different for that vs Custom)
thanks

imidazol97
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
I might be looking for another Lesabre body if I cannot get my undercarriage rust issues fixed. Everything else on my car is great, so I'd probably swap just about everything from mine to the donor shell. My question is, what year(s) should I limit my search to? I would prefer not going so deep with the swap that I also need to swap out the computer. Does anyone know which car years/models I would be limited to? I am pretty sure I am limited to a 1992-1993, but not totally sure about 1992. (also - this is a Limited, and I am not sure if the computers are even different for that vs Custom)
thanks

Try car-parts.com and fish for the parts you'd consider switching to see which other years are compatible with your 93 leSabre.

Amopower
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm basically looking for year(s) where the computers are compatible, that's my bottom line.

spinne1
04-16-2012, 09:02 PM
The shell was basically the same from 92-94. The engine in 92 is different than 93-94 (tranny changed after 92 or 93 as well.) Even the 95's shared most everything body wise with 92-94. The changes then were interior trim a bit, steering wheel, radio, airbag on passenger side (or was that 96?), and maybe other minor details. Best to get your exact year to ensure complete compatibility (and same trim and level of trim would also help).

Amopower
04-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Actually the 94's introduced the 4 spoke steering wheel and the passenger airbag...so yeah I'm thinking 94 and up is out of the question. So I'm back to my original guess that I might be limited to 92-93, and perhaps only 93. For the trim, I probably don't want to deal with those side moldings either, so I might as well "limit" my search to a Limited. (i've tried removing some of these at a pick and pull, and they just don't want to budge. Not sure how the body shops deal with them).

Add your comment to this topic!