Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where to get a C-clip for my rear axle?

Stites
04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey gang, long time no see! Anyhwo, I have a '97 Rodeo, 3.2 auto, blah-bl-blah, and so on. :smile: I noticed awhile back that the rear end would "clunk" in tight turns every so often. Jacked the back up and found out the left wheel has anywhere from 1/4" to 3/8" of play in and out. So, I looked in the ol' Haynes manual and saw where they show you how to replace the c-clip holding the axle in(they call it some goofy technical name like an axleshaft "C" lock... it's a c-clip).

Now the fun begins. I went to the nearest Isuzu dealer, and they said they couldn't find it. Showed me a diagram that looked more like a non c-clip setup and swore that was what it has under it.:eek7: And now I turn to you guys. Did Haynes get it wrong on my axle? Or are they right and the dealer just didn't have enough sense to pour pee out of a boot with the instructions on the heel?

And most importantly - WHERE CAN I GET A C-CLIP??? Thank, yall!

Cat Fuzz
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
There's no way in heck I would trust a Haynes manual over a dealer diagram. Haynes doesn't even have the 98+ timing belt replacement procedure correct.

Call St. Charles Isuzu and talk to Merlin. If he can't get it, it can't be got.

Stites
04-07-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm inclined to think the same thing... however, this is a Ford dealer who happened to be an Isuzu Dealer on the side, so to speak. So I may just hafta pop the punkin cover off and have a look for myself.

Stites
06-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Better yet, has anyone had the axle out and seen what type of setup is in there?

DeltaP
06-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Isuzu Rodeo, Honda Passport, same stuff,no? Like your tag line!

Add your comment to this topic!