Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi is releasing Sauber's C30

exhaust smoke
03-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Wow, Fujimi are doing great with the modern F1 cars. They are modelling Sauber's 2011 car, the C30.

It's great to have F1 models of alternative teams other than the usual suspects of Ferrari, McLaren or Williams and not having to pay the money that Studio 27 or MFH demand. Kamui Kobayashi driving and being the only Japanese driver on the grid obviously had nothing to do with Fujimi's choice for their latest F1 offering :wink:

Seems appropriate though, seeing that Sauber scored their best ever result at last weekend's Malaysian GP.

Veyron
03-28-2012, 06:02 AM
I'll get the kit but I'll put my own phantom livery on it it or wait for some of the conversion decal sets to be released like they have been for the MP4/13, F60 etc.

The Sauber livery is not very exciting.

bikouros
04-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Good news. Not my first choice for a modern f1 car, but I'm loving Fujimi picking up the slack that Tamiya is leaving. I'd rather be doing 1/20 f1 kits them Revells 1/24 scales. Regardless any NEW 1/20 F1 release is good news. Tamiya, try and catch up! (and lower your prices too...)

exhaust smoke
06-01-2012, 02:05 AM
I received my C30 through the post yesterday and was surprised to find that there is no engine in this kit! :crying:

Fujimi have produced this kit like the Studio 27 offerings with just the rear of the gearbox. I'm not sure whether this is the result of not being able to obtain rights from Ferrari to reproduce the engine (which will seem unlikely given that they do have a licence to model Ferrari kits) or if it is laziness on the part of Fujimi. Bit annoyed given that the kit was not exactly cheap compared to their other F1 offerings.:mad:

Veyron
06-01-2012, 06:05 AM
I would build it curbside either way so it doesn't matter to me. The newer engines don't look very exciting anyway. Most people knew a few weeks ago that there was no engine from looking at the instructions on Hobby Search.

Maybe they didn't want to bother with licensing the engine, who knows.

jano11
06-02-2012, 07:54 AM
I received my C30 through the post yesterday and was surprised to find that there is no engine in this kit! :crying:

Fujimi have produced this kit like the Studio 27 offerings with just the rear of the gearbox. I'm not sure whether this is the result of not being able to obtain rights from Ferrari to reproduce the engine (which will seem unlikely given that they do have a licence to model Ferrari kits) or if it is laziness on the part of Fujimi. Bit annoyed given that the kit was not exactly cheap compared to their other F1 offerings.:mad:

Just make a copy of the engine from one of the latest Ferrari F1 kits, it's the same engine.

lezdep
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Just make a copy of the engine from one of the latest Ferrari F1 kits, it's the same engine.
Kit is also missing main radiators and corresponding ducts. So, it was definitely made to be built curbside.
Was it intention from the start of kit design or decision made later it another question.

jano11
06-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Kit is also missing main radiators and corresponding ducts. So, it was definitely made to be built curbside.
Was it intention from the start of kit design or decision made later it another question.

Good question. They made it with a removable engine cover so it might be that they opened a door for aftermarket suppliers. All that is needed is to copy the F60 engine and scratchbuild the radiators and ducting plus a few more details.

Add your comment to this topic!