Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 intrigue oil leak

budguy007
03-24-2012, 08:00 PM
My 01 intrigue seems to have a oil leak. I can't tell if it is from the oil filter or something higher up in the motor. I haven't started to look into it to much but leaves spots everywhere. Any ideas???

oldblu65
03-25-2012, 02:14 AM
First thing I'd check would be the valve cover gaskets . Is the leak at the bottom of your oil pan - the oil filter is located up in the oil pan so a leak there would be pretty evident . Can you give more info as to the general area the leaking oil can be seen ?

budguy007
03-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I know thst motor is known for valve cover leaks over time, but leak seems to be right under oil pan. Most of the oil on the pan seems to be where there is a electrical plug on the rear of the pan and around filter. I had oil changed a few weeks back and we noticed the plug gasket was boogered up so we replaced it. The car seemed not to leak oil for about a week or so then the leak came back. I am lost just hoping someone can help me before I start replacing unneeded parts.

i_hate_cars38
05-22-2012, 02:56 PM
like said olds intrigue 35s are very prone to leaks that have almost no finable source mine emptied on 10 weight the older any car gets the more seals and other crap leak cheapest way to fix is i went 20/35 check every day for over 3 months now never a drop missing any old car or high millages needs heavier weight oil and it dont hurt it winter or summer just might want to give it some warm up time to let the oil get to top i use 3min or less

Add your comment to this topic!