stereo issue

llitespeeed
03-22-2012, 01:29 AM
any way to find out exactly which stereo belongs in my car?

i bout an 03 LS sport with an after-market clarion stereo in it.
i decided to put an original 6 disc C D changer back in the car.
found one on ebay for 50 bucks. the plugs don't match up.
i then found out that lincoln put more than one stereo in that car.
and some may not be compatible. any way to find out exactly which stereo
my car is compatible with?

thanks j

shorod
03-22-2012, 07:49 AM
You might try adding your VIN to the end of the following web address, then paste in to a browser address bar. This should provide you with a window sticker for your FoMoCo product which may give you and indication of which audio system your car was delivered with.

"http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/windowsticker.aspx?vin=";

-Rod

joegr
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM
The 2003 LS came with two different wiring schemes for the headunit, depending on the production date. Early 03's have connectors that are closer to gen I style. Late 03s have the gen II radio connections.
It has more to do with that than with which level headunit you had originally. The wiring is pretty much the same between different levels of headunit, except for the THX navigation option. (The mid level audio system has one more connector used than the base level one.)

Do you have speakers in the center console? If so, you had the mid level audio system.
Do you have subwoofers under the rear package shelf? If not, you had the base level audio system.
Do you have a four channel factory amp on the left wall of the trunk? If so, you had the factory THX navigation (top level) audio system.

llitespeeed
03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
speakers in the center consol
no amp
no sub woofer

joegr
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
speakers in the center consol
no amp
no sub woofer

Okay, the six disc in-dash radio is the one your car had from the factory. You just need to know if it was the early 03 type or the late 03 to 06 type.

Add your comment to this topic!