1998 Blazer running terrible

Derek44
03-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Have a 4x4 4.3, when I start up, hear a ticking noise, like there isn't enough oil , but there is. When I start moving, It won't to bog out for about 2 to 3 minutes. When it gets warmed up. the ticking sound stops, and it runs great. What is wrong with this.

j cAT
03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Have a 4x4 4.3, when I start up, hear a ticking noise, like there isn't enough oil , but there is. When I start moving, It won't to bog out for about 2 to 3 minutes. When it gets warmed up. the ticking sound stops, and it runs great. What is wrong with this.

the ticking on a cold engine is the lifters. remove oil cap and inspect for excess moisture / coolant. if its good add about 5 OZ of marvel mystery oil . monitor the oil color when its gets black or very dark do an oil change ONLY with the engine at normal operating temp. this should remove most of the sludge/carbon in the engine. then repeat the marvel oil treatment. [MORE IS NOT BETTER!]

ON A POOR COLD START the ect,fuel filter,dirty injectors,contaminated fuel . check fuel pressure .

if you had engine codes post. intake / vac leaks vac lines, pcv etc can cause idle issues.

Add your comment to this topic!