2007 Accord SE Armrest (center) replacement question

03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
The material you rest your arm on when driving is worn out and I am trying to replace it. The armrest slides a little forward with a double plastic catch in normal use but I can't figure out what to use to get the two plastic catches to release and slide off so the new one can go back on. The double plastic catch looks to be about 1" in length at about a 45 degree angle. The two pieces that are the catches look like the ends of a clothespin. So I think something under there needs to depressed so the whole armrest can be slid by what's stopping it. At least thats what I think from looking at the new one and trying to picture in my head how it works. You can't force anything that is plastic because it will just break. What a pain.

03-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I got it off. Had to pry the metal track it slides on carefully with a screwdriver. There are two plastic tracks it slides/rides on that are right angle long pieces of plastic. I just carefully pried the metal track on one side away from the plastic track it rides on and it started coming off. Process of elimination as far as figuring out what to do. Its just painful when I pry the wrong thing and the plastic breaks. At that point I am sunk and have to replace. That's why I posted a question. Sometimes when we just get away from something for a while and come back we have better luck.

03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I do that too....a lotta times I leave something frustrating alone, and the answer hits me just as I'm falling asleep. Soon as your obsession is broken, the answer reveals itself :)

Add your comment to this topic!