Accident in 98 Century

GPFred
03-07-2012, 10:02 PM
My nineteen year old son was in an accident today in his Buick Century. THe grill, bumper cover, rt head light/turn signal assembly, and hood were damaged. It looks like the right side upright that the grill would attach to is pushed in at the top at the cross piece about 1-2 inches. My question: Is the the front framing that the radiator is bolted on, is it part of the entire frame of the car (i.e. unibody) or does it unbolt from the frame of the car. I can't tell at this point as the hood will have to be pried off. Any one done body work like this? I've done a front clip before but that was on a 1970's era Ford. Thanks for any answers.

Mx5guy
03-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy, glad your son is OK, that front piece is called the radiator support and yep is one piece, major body work maybe required for the repair unless it can be pulled back to shape.

enslow
03-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Even if the front frame were a separate bolt on, it can still deform the unibody structure of the rest of the car. Our Buick was bumped slightly on the side at the trunk. There is a very slight dent, but the insurance company said that to pull the dent involves correcting unibody structure behind it. They will write the car off if I insist on repairing the dent.

Add your comment to this topic!