2003 Century starts when i gas it but wont stay running

BigAlSweeny
03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi I have a 2003 Buick Century Limited withe the 3.4 engine. Ive had the car about 4 months now and I just had this problem today. I went out to start my car and all it would do was turn over. I gave it some gas and it started but as soon as I let off the gas it stalled. The car has about 130,000 miles on it. I do regular oil changes since ive had the car. Dont know what previous owner did with it though. Previous owner had an aftermarket keyless entry system put on it with a kill switch. I didnt do anything to trip the kill switch that i know of. I just need to figure out what is going on with my car as i have a job interview coming up and i need to drive their. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Tech II
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM
If the car starts, only if you slightly step on the gas pedal could be two things.....

Bad TPS(check for codes).....

Or throttle plate/bore is really gummed up and the IAC is not working correctly......

BigAlSweeny
03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
thank you for the reply. I am going to a friends house tomorrow. He has a code reader. the car started an hour later and has been starting fine since yesterday. im hoping its just the fuel filter or at worst a clogged injector.

Add your comment to this topic!