Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Continental photo etch

willimo
02-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Does anyone make photo etch for the AMT Lincoln Continental? Or any Continental? Or anything with Continental written on it? I am thinking about building this kit, and would really, really like to have photo-etch for the "Continental" script, as well as the Lincoln badges. This isn't the sort of car you shave the emblems off of, and I am so bad at putting BMF on the molded-on emblem, painting, and then cleaning the paint off the emblem. So I'll shave them if I have to, but would really, really like some PE.

Any ideas?

BVC500
02-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I've been thinking about building this kit too, and I haven't seen anything yet. Funny that there are plenty of photoetch for euro/japanese cars, but not a lot for american cars.

corvettekid_7684
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Have you tried model car garage?

willimo
03-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, I looked through their catalog, nothing.

Rasputen
03-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I could probably print you some ALPs chrome foil decal scripts as I am slowly working on the station wagon version of this kit. I printed out some lettering for another model and it turned out pretty good. It is certainly a lot easier than BMF.

I'll have to look into the Lincoln badges.

BVC500
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I could probably print you some ALPs chrome foil decal scripts as I am slowly working on the station wagon version of this kit. I printed out some lettering for another model and it turned out pretty good. It is certainly a lot easier than BMF.

I'll have to look into the Lincoln badges.

Print multiple copies! :) thank you.

This kit would definitely benefit from photoetch - for front and rear grilles, interior, etc. I was thinking the other day that the same goes for the italeri 250SWB, but i suspect some companies will produce photoetch for that once Revell reissues it.

tonioseven
03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm also interested in copies of the scripts!!

Rasputen
03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Can someone measure the height of the Lincoln badge with a dial caliper for me? I already sanded mine off of the trunk.

Add your comment to this topic!